Benefits of Bitterkola
by Nwokorie Jennifer
Bitter kola also known as Garcinia kola is a specie of flowering plant in the Guttifeae family. It has been used for centuries in “Folk medicine“ to treat aliments from fever and cough.
According to report from the Center of International Forestry Research, Bitter kola trading is still important to the tribes and villages in Nigeria. It is used by African medicine.
The seeds are used for treating cough, fever, head and chest colds, throat infections etc.
Bitter kola has many benefits which most people are not aware of.
Some of these benefits are:
1. It improves the functions of the lungs: Bitter kola helps to treat chest cold and asthma. It also stabilizes the other counter effects in the system and helps to increase immunity level, thus making the lungs perform well.
2. It fights Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball which can lead to loss of sight. It could lead to permanent blindness if not treated early. But, Bitter kola has been found to be the cure\remedy for the eyes. When Bitter kola is taken often it helps to reduce the eye pressure. It also improves the clarity of the vision.
3. It improves Sexual Impotence: Bitter kola improves the sexual performance in men. Before sexual intercourse you are to take at least two or more Bitter kola.
4. It fights against STDs: Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD) is a dangerous disease that is contracted through Sexual Intercourse. This disease can be transmitted through passing of blood or other bodily fluids and sharing of sharp objects. But here, Bitter kola have serve as a medicine that will fight against STD. It also cleanses the effects, and enhances the function of the liver and gall bladder. Is seen as the anti-bacteria fighter.
5. It is an anti-malaria agent: Bitter kola helps to fight against malaria in the system. Bitter kola has some chemical constituent that fights and make the system healthy.
Credit: The Nation