The Nigerian Army has officially started the 86 Regular Recruits Intake for Non-Tradesmen and women.
The announcement was made by the Army Headquarters on Tuesday through a post on its verified X handle.
According to the Army, the recruitment process begins with online registration on September 25 and is scheduled to expire on October 10, 2023.
“This is to inform the general public and all interested applicants that the online application for the 86 Regular Recruits Intake for Non-Tradesmen & Women has commenced.
“Shortlisted candidates will participate in the State Recruitment Screening Exercise scheduled for 6 – 19 November 2023. Nigerian Army Recruitment Is FREE, Beware of Fraudsters,” the post stated.
The Steps to apply for Nigerian Army recruitment 2023:
1. Visit the Nigerian Army recruitment portal at https://recruitment.army.mil.
2. Log on to the portal using username and password.
3. Complete the application form and submit it online.
4. Print a copy of the application form and the Guarantor Form.
5. Complete the Guarantor Form and have it signed by your guarantor.
6. Bring copies of the application form, Guarantor Form, and all other required documents to the designated state recruitment centre.
Also, note that the Nigerian Army has specific eligibility requirements for applicants. To be eligible, you must be:
1. A single Nigerian citizen by birth.
2. Between the ages of 18 and 22 (non-trades men/women) or 26 (trades men/women) as at 18 December 2023.
3. Medically, physically, and psychologically fit in accordance with Nigerian Army Standards.
4. Free of any criminal conviction by the court of law.
5. In possession of a valid birth certificate/age declaration, National Identity Card/NIN or BVN, certificate of state of origin, and at least 4 passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
6. Be above 1.68 metres and 1.65 metres tall for male and female candidates respectively.
If you are applying as a trades man/woman, you must also possess a Trade Test/City Guild Certificate.
The Nigerian Army recruitment exercise for 2023 is open from September 25 to October 20, 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will participate in the State Recruitment Screening Exercise scheduled for 6 – 19 November 2023.